Monday, September 15, 2008

THANK GOD for ELECTRICITY!!!!!!!!

So in Kentucky we received the after effect of Hurrican IKE on this past Sunday!! It was HORRIBLE......we just got the winds, no rain, JUST WINDS!!! The winds were so strong that it knocked out more than 300 thousand homes and left them with no electricity. My electricity went out around 11am and came back on around 9pm. I THANK GOD!!! I was getting so bored without electricity in my apartment, I couldnt sleep and I was just staring out the window with the patio door open to get a good breeze in my apartment! It completely shut everything down and our state was in an Emergency!!!!!!!! I have NEVER seen nothing like it! I just left church and saw tree limbs covering parts of streets and laying on peoples houses. I immediately went to Walmart to attempt to grab me something to eat, toilet paper and water. I didn't make it out of the store!!! The electricity went completely out and I was stuck at the check out line. I left my cart and walked out of Walmart and immediately came home. When I arrived home, I knew my electricity was out! NOTHING was open, I couldnt even eat anything for fear of opening my refrigerator and letting all the cool air out. I found an O Charley's open and ate there, the only meal for the day!!!!! It seemed like everybody was there wanting to eat for there dinner and dessert. What a nightmare!!!!! The news is saying that it will take up to 2 weeks to return everyones electricity back to normal, I just thank God that mine is back on!!! Please pray for our state and for those elderly folks and I hope that everything and everyone is ok!!!!!!

No comments: