Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year 2008

The year 2008 is right around the corner and there is so much that I want to leave behind in 2007. BUT I have a feeling that some of things that I did, whether they are good or bad will resurface back to me!! For the good things, that is great, but for the bad things...........well lets just say they need to stay in 2007!!!

Everyone makes New Years Resolutions each year, I have done it plenty of times, but this year it is going to be different. I don't stick to my resolutions that I make at all. So this year I am not going to make one! I know what I have to do and I know what I need to do. So I am going to do it, but it might take time and it also might take longer than a year to get it done, but trust me IT WILL GET DONE!!! Whatever I put my mind to, I do it!! But one thing I will say is that this year there is going to be a NEW ME! I am not putting up with anymore PETTY people in my life, I don't have time. I have way too much important stuff to be worrying about than dealing with PETTY people, I JUST CAN'T do it anymore!!! I am also going to stay more focused on the things that I need to and not let other things get in my way or try to stop me!!

There are other things that I will need to do, but I must say this, I am going to be a better: CHRISTIAN, DAUGHTER, SISTER, AUNT, NEICE, FRIEND, GOD-MOMMA, COUSIN, and whatever else I maybe to somebody out there in this world!!! But I must remember that without GOD, I don't have any of this and wont be able to accomplish this either!! So I end my last blog for the 2007 with my favorite scripture: I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHOM STRENGTHEN ME- PHIL 4:13

7 comments:

PRINCESS SHEALA said...

Boodles...
I totally agree with u...we always make resolutions but never follow through with them...u couldn't have said it better...u know what u need to do and there's nothing that will stop u...i'm so blessed to have a friend like u...u inspire me in ways u don't even know...and even though i might not tell u as much as i should...I LUV U!!!! as a sister and as my best friend...thank u for being there for me when i really needed u...thank u for helping me let go of unnecessary people in my life (u know who i'm talkin about!)...a new year means new beginnings and i can't wait to start fresh...in 2008 it's all about me...i've put me off way to long!!!! it's time for a change...and with God I know I can make that change...LUV YA

Ms. R. J. said...

AW!!!!!!!!! Princess Sheala (LOL) I love you too BEST FRIEND FOREVER (BFF)!!!!!! You know I got ya back!! We been friends since 2000 at UK-get em WILDCATS and I must say that I appreciate you being there for me through everything that I have gone through...good and bad!!!! Luv ya!!

AmPowerBlog said...

Hope you're having a great New Year!

amy - directionally challenged said...

Saw you read my blog and it seems we might be kindred spirits...

Here's to leaving 2007 behind and enjoying 2008 and what is really important. God bless you!

Happy New Year!!!!!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Boodles...
Reading this blog really made me realize that i need to stop and take a look and get my stuff back on track... I need to take my black ass to work more and think about the future. I bought in the new year in church, really praying that i need to go towards the right direction. I want to be like you;) You have your priorities straight and that's what i really need to work on. I would like to be a better person all the way around. This is a new year and i'm ready to make a change for the better.....boodles i'll let you figure out who anonymous is ;)

Ms. R. J. said...

Anonymous,

I have no idea who you are.....I need a better clue than what you are giving me!! Thanks for the comment though, it meant alot!!! Visit more often, but reveal yourself!!

Anonymous said...

I must say I agree 100% with you because I be damn if I make another New Year's Resolution and break it yet again, by 1) not comlpeting it or 2) not doing it @ all. I have a lot of things that I want to change about my life and me as a Family Woman but I will leave that in gods hands and will on when that change will take place. Love Peace and Great Blessings to you in the New Year Becky (Remember this LVFL)